Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

I am taking a few moments out today to wish you a all a very Merry Christmas. Things are busy in the Kelly House but we are keeping perspective - Christmas time for us is about remembering the birth of someone who impacted the world like no other, who taught us how to really live and who made the ultimate sacrifice so that each of us could know our creator and loving Heavenly Father. We are celebrating Jesus!

I do, however, love decorating my home with cards, special ornaments and a tree adorned with beautiful things. This year I have somehow managed to get time to make mini paper-chains with star cut outs, a wreath for my front door, bead & button heart decorations, salt dough decorations and letters for my mantle-piece saying 'Merry Christmas' (a la Kirsty's Homemade Christmas)!

There are a few gifts to wrap, a few things still to make and some fun times ahead with our family and friends. I am trying to do everything with peace, love and thoughtfulness, and enjoying the moments as I go along.

This year I have put three photos underneath out tree of our beautiful children, they are my gifts and I feel greatly blessed. After talking to a mum on Sunday at our family Christmas service we both agreed that Christmas is about people, it always has been and always will be. I pray that you enjoy Christmas with the people in your life and that you have a New Year that is full of God's love, peace & joy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

P.S. We're having a white Christmas here in Leeds - perfect!

No comments: