Monday, 4 November 2013

Spinning Around



It was one of those evenings at the end of a long week and I just felt too tired to cook. So off I went to the Fish and Chip shop with my littlest boy. I put our order in and stood by the counter waiting. As I stood there, my son started walking around me in a circle. I watched him as he continued to do this, smiling as he passed in front of me. After about 20 seconds I started feeling a bit dizzy and sick! So I looked up and focussed on something else just above my eye level. I could still feel and hear my son circling me but I wasn't affected by it negatively. 

In that moment I realised that this was an exact picture of how I have been feeling about the craziness of life lately. Life has seemed to be spinning round me at 100mph not showing any signs of slowing down. I feel like I can't keep up anymore. And God spoke to me. Life will keep on spinning and I will always be involved with things that are going on but if my focus, my gaze, my attention, is fixed on Him then I will not feel the effects of the spinning. This is a discipline, a habit, a refocussing that must happen daily and even multiple times a day. If I can grasp this, if you can too, then I assure you -  things will be very different for us.

Hebrews 12:2 in The Message Bible says: "Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this reach we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed - that exhilerating finish in and with God - he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honour, right alongside God.

Sometimes we feel like we can't lift our head up from our circumstances and the things that spin around us. If you feel like this, I want to encourage you - Psalm 3:3 says: "But, you Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high." All you have to do is ask God to help you and He will. 

I hope you have a wonderfully blessed week!

~ Kathi ~



2 comments:

Anna McCarthy said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing!

3girlsx said...

Thank you kathi, needed this this week! Xxx